Can you write about different topics in a blog in 2023?
Many times we wonder if it works to write about various topics in our blogs. Whether it’s because we have a lot to talk about or because we are truly knowledgeable about different subjects, the question we need to ask ourselves is: Does it work to generate income and profitable to write varied topics? And it…
Many times we wonder if it works to write about various topics in our blogs.
Whether it’s because we have a lot to talk about or because we are truly knowledgeable about different subjects, the question we need to ask ourselves is:
Does it work to generate income and profitable to write varied topics?
And it is that entering a blog and finding that the writer simultaneously addresses topics about technology, music, news, sports, and a little art can seem very nice and perhaps even somewhat interesting. But in my opinion and considering that what you are looking for is to earn money with your blog, I consider that the variety of topics in a blog is not necessarily the best option.
Why? For some of these reasons:
- The number of keywords you need to use to rank is too broad, making it difficult for search engines to identify you as an expert on a specific topic.
- For the same reason as above, search engines will take too long to create a profile of your blog that tells them what kind of contextual advertising is appropriate to publish on it.
- To position different topics you need to write a greater number of articles for a thematic line to be positioned on the web.
- Internet users usually enjoy visiting a blog that offers them solutions, answers, guides, advice, or simply reflections from experts on a subject. The variety can reduce the depth of your publications.
- Point 4 also makes your visitors spend less time on your blog, which ultimately results in fewer chances of clicking on advertising.
- Advertisers usually invest most of their resources in blogs whose theme is focused to guarantee that they too will receive quality traffic. If you do not have a focus then surely the ads that will be seen on your blog will have a lower cost per click.
And of course, I consider that the most convenient option is to focus on a specific topic. This will give you many benefits in terms of positioning and valuation of your blog that in the long run will represent better income.
And of course, if you have a lot to talk about, open a separate blog for each topic and address it with authority. In this way, you will be segmenting your knowledge and this will help the search robots to position you correctly within your market.
Of course, this is an opinion and surely there will be others with different approaches that I would love to know. Meanwhile, I invite you to see other articles to earn money with your blog: