10 Things That Will Kill Your Blog Post Every Time
A blog post is like a gold mine. It can represent you a lot of money as long as you learn to look for it with a lot of patience and work. Creating good articles blog posts, working on positioning, and satisfying your readers are some of the usual tasks of a blogger, but if you…
A blog post is like a gold mine. It can represent you a lot of money as long as you learn to look for it with a lot of patience and work.
Creating good articles blog posts, working on positioning, and satisfying your readers are some of the usual tasks of a blogger, but if you are not careful, you can also make mistakes that could quickly kill your blog without you realizing it.
So to “kill your blog” quickly, here are the 10 ways:
- Copy articles and content from other blog posts. Make life easy for yourself, why complicate thinking and creating a post if you can go and take an excellent article from a weighty blog and copy it? This is the surest way to kill your blog.
- Saturate your blog post with advertising. Of course, advertising is the resource by which you earn money with your blog post, but abusing and cluttering it with a variety of ads of different sizes, shapes, and colors will simply make your readers escape from your page. Nobody likes to be bombarded.
- Neglect your spelling. It may not be important to you and you think that it is not important to anyone. But for a serious and truly interested reader, finding posts full of misspellings may be the best way out. If you want to make money, do the full job and at least use the autocorrects to proofread your writing blog post.
- Write boring stuff. If you think that your blog is your personal space and that you can write about whatever you want , you are right! But to get people to read your posts and want to go for more, it takes more than writing about ” how I feel today .” Be creative and avoid monotony unless you only want your 2 best friends to read to you.
- Never associate with anyone. Links are part of the life of a blog. Living in isolation on the net is another great way to kill your blog. Do not forget to exchange links with other blogs with similar themes, since this also represents a better positioning and, therefore, more money…
- Link up with anyone. Very similar to the previous one is to suppose that by having 50 linked pages you automatically rise in positioning. Always remember that search bots take you seriously when you link to pages that have a similar topic line to yours and even better if they have better traffic than yours. If you want your blog to die, link to gambling, poker, multilevel, pornography and invasive advertising pages.
- Forget about your readers. This is kind of like not feeding your pet. The life of a blog depends on the readers and if you don’t pay attention to their comments, suggestions, or requests, they will simply feel alone talking to nobody!
- Do not analyze your traffic. Forget traffic analyzers and just type blind. Understand the importance of understanding what country your visitors come from, what topics have interested them the most, who is referring traffic to you, and how much time they have spent on your blog. This will cause your blog to drift into the blogosphere.
- Write long blog posts…. very long. The conceptual success of a blog is that it is made up of short articles. People who surf the web are usually looking for interesting content and usually don’t have all the time in the world to see if what you write is really interesting. A good post must capture the reader’s attention in 5 seconds and manage to win it over so that it stays a couple more minutes. And if all that works, then the visitor himself will ask for more… Long posts can become monotonous and quickly despair the reader.
- Install dozens of gadgets, music, and flash. All the effects of gizmos tend to load the page and make it heavy for your readers. At the same time, the vast majority of us hate entering a blog with background music or where open pop-ups with advertising just by entering. At least for me, when I enter a blog and I have to see an advertising window first, I automatically close it and don’t leave (without even trying to find out if the content was good). This is usually a common mistake for new bloggers.
So now you know, killing your blog is very easy just a blog post. Just put these 10 tips into practice and soon you will be able to invite me to his funeral.
Seriously… just do the opposite ;D